"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sometimes.

Sometimes,
I write to
forget
all those deep,
heated moments
that only you
want to remember.

Sometimes,
I forget to
write
and all those
that I've forgotten
come rushing back
to steal away
my breath.

- - -

Yup, three poems in one day. Though I've been writing all weekend, mostly turning up nothing but craptacular crap. :) These three are on the better end at least. I guess, in the end, not everything I create is a staggering work of heartbreaking genius, but at least writing something is better than writing nothing.

This poem was written for a certain someone. It's been almost a year since I've even really talked to them, but it's hard to forget longish periods of my life sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo work, JB. You are so young, but you have such a way with words and depth of feeling. You, too, should keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cannot relate to this? Nicely worded :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juice,

    We plan to feature this poem and two others over at Poets United as our Pome of the week. Yours are so short and perfect that one would not suffice. I enjoy your writing and can only imagine as you grow older how many others will be lucky to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."