"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finally!

So today I received a letter in the mail. It was labeled from Grant MacEwan university--all blue and white. It was a letter of acceptance: I got in! YES.

I'll be going there for a Bachelor in Professional Communications. It's essentially a writing program--it sets you up to work in a lot of different places. My hope is that I'll still get to do what I love (put words on paper!), while still being versatile and able to works tons of different positions.

The only thing left to do really is figure out how I'm going to pay for all this. A Student Loan is really not an option, because my parents are seperated and re-married. : \ That leaves scholarships and money out of my own pocket: It's the only thing standing between me and going to school there.

Well for now, just knowing that I have that conditional acceptance enough. I'm really excited and very happy I got it.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats JB. You deserve it. You are an excellent writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats!! Am I surprised? Heck, no. I already knew you are a helluva writer. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're going to do great things. Your writing should be shared.

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."