"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poem VII - A Day of Empty.

Today
my mind
is a blank slate.
All that's on
the back burner
are parasitic worries
that I wish I didn't have.
I want everything
for you
and nothing
for myself.

- - -

Somedays my brain just takes a hike. A hike that takes it far away across the mountains, across the plains, across the sea sometimes. Wednesday I felt so detached from everyone-- present in body, not really in spirit or in mind. I do this purposely sometimes when I'm worried or stressed about things.

/

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I've been reading through your poems - that must be either hard or liberating (I'm not sure which) to make an agreement with yourself to write a poem a day. I, too, have days when my brain takes a hike. All this to say that I particularly related to this day's poem. Thanks for stopping by chez moi and saying howdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the compactness of your work.
    keep it up.


    Awards for you, thanks for the support!

    Bless your talent. Please join Poetry Potluck W31 today!

    Happy Sunday!

    Xox

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."