"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, February 24, 2012

Dear Katy

I don't usually post things that are directed at one person. But today I feel like it's needed:

I'm stuck on your words and I don't know how to take them. I don't know how to take you. I wish there was more time. I wish I had more time to get to know you. And it is so strange that we have no classes together this semester. I spent a few hours reading your writing, wondering who you are. Wondering how well I know you, hoping I'll have the chance to get to know you better. Hoping we'll have the chance to become better friends. University is strange for me-- I feel like a part of the BCSC kids, but detached at the same time. Stuck in limbo. Afraid to give too much and afraid to put myself out there. Afraid because it's like having to start again. I'm happy I had the oppurtunity to meet you last semester, happy I got to sit next to you in Psych and Grammar. I haven't made many friends since starting school, mostly just aquaintences. But I think you're a friend.Wish I had asked you more questions about you. Regret sleeping so much too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."