"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Heart Rotten Through.

I have a heart
built with
rusty nails
and rotten plywood.
It stands on
a cracked foundation
and mold
and booklice
creep up its sides.
And every other day,
water that smells like
broken promises,
missed deadlines,
lost friendships,
and lies
come flooding in.

- - -
Tommorrow is the first day of school. My second year of university. My first school year living on my own. It's weird to think that a year ago I was feeling apprehensive about my life as a student-- I felt like I couldn't succeed, wouldn't succeed, could never succeed. This year I feel none of that. My only worries are rent, food, and parking.

I must stop using parallels as emphasis.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent descriptions and metaphors. Thanks for taking us on all your journeys JB. I'm sure you'll manage this year, no prob. If things start feeling tired and empty, come back out to the blogosphere and unleash your mind, soul, er, heart type-thing. I enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life writes the best prose. Good luck this year - I know you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."