"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, November 10, 2017

A break up.

If heaven is a real place,

Then it exists behind your eyes.

But when you sit there

And tell me

You want out,

All I can think of

Is I'm living in hell.

I didn't see that coming

But being near sighted

How could I?

You don't even shed a tear

And I feel far away.

My emotions are banging

At the door

But my heart is in my throat

and I can't keep them from coming.

We speak civilly

But I feel like an abandoned fort

In the middle of a violent civil war

I don't want this

But I know if it's is what you really want,

I can't convince you otherwise

And I won't.

I won't.

1 comment:

  1. Authentic...mature

    abandoned fort - perfect truly sad image.

    Peace JB

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."