"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, January 11, 2010

Oops, Poetry Instead - Counting on The Cure.

You know,
I was accidentally in love.
but the hailing winter
makes you laugh a little slower,
talk a little lower.

You know,
I'm searching for
something better.

You know,
it's all a lot of oysters,
but no pearls.

And The Cure
is so far away.
but I won't sing about
the reasons why.

And it was a
Long December.

And there's reason to believe
this year will be better
than the last.

And if you think that
I could be forgiven,
I wish you would.


- - -

If you can name all the references in here, I'll give you a cookie. I'm actually quite proud of this, though most of the words were inspired by far better writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."