"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stressing.

I'm stressing about things
that maybe are pointless.
But I need this
to move forward
down this forlorn, beaten trail
that I follow.

And even though for now,
I should just smile,
love and lust
while the summer heat
flourishes and grins
with freedom,
I can't help but
rush headlong
into that new world.

And when will the day come
when I throw down my pen
and smile at that wicked devil;
"weakness",
and look him in the eye
and laugh
fearlessly.

- - -

Well, this is definately not my best work, but at least its something. I guess this was primarily written because I was angry that Art 30 is not on my schedule for next year. I did fricken sign up for it, didn't I? :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."