"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What A Great Week.

Wow, okay, I think it's time for a bit of an update. I'll do this in a list so I don't get confused. It's relatively easy to confuse me these days. Without school to keep my mind and tongue sharp, things get jumbled around. :)

1. Joplin has FINALLY had her second litter of puppies. Seven again this time. I got to help birth them, and as much as I thought it was gonna be the most disgusting thing I'd ever have to do, I found it to be really fascinating. All in all, I think it was a very valuable experience.

2. As I've already told you that my piece won honourable mention, I think it suffice to add that the ST.Albert Gazette (local newspaper) got in touch with me and asked for an interveiw. How could I not oblige? I'm sure it will be small, but still, YAY! This is very exciting for me!

3. I saw Ringo Starr live in concert yesterday. It was so humbling to be in the same room as a former member of the band that, in my opinion, revolutionized pop culture as we know it today. The show itself was good, but I think I expected more than I got.

4. I miss my knight in shining armour. This is going to be such a long three weeks of vacation without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."