"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update.

Tommorrow, or rather, later today as it's after midnight, I'll write my last diploma exam. And then I'll be done high school. FOREVER.

I find it very hard to express how I feel about this. I'm happy, boy am I ever happy to be done. But it also feels really strange and kind of sad. People that I've grown with, people that have been apart of my life for years now are suddenly going to disappear. And I might never see then again. Not that I feel like this is a terrible thing, just a thing.

Anyways, in other news, life has been it's average hectic self and it's also been full of a lot of guitar playing. My friend and I are going to be performing soon, at a little cafe a few minutes from my house. We've been practising hardcore!

I have been writing a bit too, there just hasn't been much that's blog worthy. Sorry. :D I've also been reading tons lately, more than I have since I started high school. Currently I'm plowing through my favorite book again: Scar Night by Alan Campbell. The writing is so superb, it makes me jealous. And I love all the characters; such good antiheros and antagonists. Read it if you haven't already! But save money and don't get the second and third books; they were dissapointing after the masterpiece of Scar Night. In my opinion anyways.

So yeah, that's the past little while in a nutshell. I'll be posting more writing soon I promise, and also something I've been thinking of putting up for a little while now.

Until later!

2 comments:

  1. there are new horizon's for you JB.
    good luck on your last exam.

    ~robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still out there JB. Lots of changes, but it seems like things are changing all around us all the time no? Work hard and looking forward to your next posts!

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."