"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My MICHAELangelo.

Only been without you
five long, Blank Canvas days.
The whole of Painted Summer
is sprawled before me.
But I can't see the colors.

No beautiful Hazel-Greens,
like your Eyes.
No accute Yellow-Blondes,
Like your too-short Hair.
No sharp, deep, Crystalline Blues,
like your favorite Color.
Lost the Vibrancy,
like that which you
Etch into my Life.

A Broken Tile,
fallen from the ceiling.
You fit me back
into place.

Michaelangelo,
you Paint me,
as I Kiss your Heart.

* * *

Written for my baby, whom I miss more everyday. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. i love the poems, they are very sweet. love you sweety. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."