"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NeverLost.

Connected, attached.
Distant, seperated.

What are words,
when you know the truth?
What are words,
when you can see with your
own Disbelieving Eyes?

Lost, missing.
Misshapen, distorted.

We are connected,
Strung together by
Fate itself.

We are Never Lost,
Never Seperated,
Never Alone,
Always One.

* * *

This one is a lot older. I wrote it in the first semester of this previous school year, while I was supposed to be paying attention in Social. It was really inspired by the Smashing Pumpkins song 'NeverLost', which I think talks a lot about how you can't be lost when you're in love, because you see everything so clearly. You'll always know where you are. It was a subject that I wanted to touch on, but I was never really sure what I was trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."