"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Sunday, October 25, 2009

National Novel Writing Month.

Hey all, some exciting news for all them wannabe writers (Not me, obviously.) out there! November is National Novel Writing Month! Yay!

I'm super excited for NaNoWriMo this year, because for the first time, I will actually be partaking in it. Even at the thought, all of these little feelings are meshing inside of my belly and making me queasy. I'm excited, nervous, curious, lost, hesitant, eager. All at the same time.

Ever since the first time I'd heard about NaMoWriMo (back in 2006), I've wanted to do it. I've always stopped myself, because I just thought I wouldn't be able to come up with an idea, or maybe I'd start and then give and feel guilty for the rest of the year. But, I dunno, I think I finally just said "Aww, screw it, I'm gonna do it for the sake of doing it."

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Just gonna jump right in, take the plunge if you will, and POW! Maybe I'll get something out of it.

Okay, for all those interested in NaNoWriMo, here is the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/.

Go check it out, and sign up if you're willing to plunge into sleepless nights, too much caffeine, and a quest for 50,000 words!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."