"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Saturday, November 21, 2009

ReConnecting.

Ah, I had a good day today! Want to know why? Lots of you are probably like, "Uh, no. I don't even like this blog!"

Whatever. Don't care. You're ruining my good vibe!

Anyways, on with the story. So for the longest time, I was out of touch with a very good friend of mine. I don't wanna relay her whole story, because that's unfair to her, but I'll sumarize.

Basically, another really good friend (We'll call her F2, for simplicity's sake) got really mad at her. Over some stupid boy. Let's keep in mind that I was absent during this time frame, living out my life somewhere else. So, when I got back, after a year of being gone, I asked F2 what F1 was up to. She told me how they weren't friends anymore, and that they weren't going to forgive each other. F2 is very stubborn, and I had little to no say in the matter.

What was I supposed to do? Choose between best friends? Yeah, something like that.

I dunno, I guess because I'd known F2 longer, I took her side for a little while. But I started to miss the third member of our Three Musketeers. I said nothing about it, not really.

As time passed slowly before us, myself and F2 stayed very close as we entered high school. We made a ton of new friends, some of which stayed with us, others that drifted away. I met two of the best friends I'd ever known in Grade ten, I met my boyfriend. A lot of stuff happened, a lot of people came and went. Maybe F2 never thought about it, but I never forgot F1. She had a very special place in my heart. Wow, that's corny.

Recently, I reconnected with F1. We got to talking, laughing, having fun. I realized exactly how much I missed her. And then I sort of started to wonder why F2 had gotten custody over me in this Friendship-Divorce. I want equal visitation rights, goddammit! I want to be able to be friends with whomever the hell I want, and not have anyone get pissed at me. I almost wish things would go back to the way they were in grade eight, I wish they would just freaking make up already. But then I think that everything happens for a reason, and maybe I'm supposed to be the person who brings them back together.

I dunno, I was just very happy to see my long lost friend.

So, to do something different for the sake of something different, I want you to tell me about this. What do you think about re-connecting with people you haven't spoken to in years? Better yet, why did you ever stop talking/seeing them? Are you happy that you've met up with them again? Have you got any interesting stories you can share on the matter? I want to hear what you guys have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."