"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sun Kissed - Prose.

The heat of the sun kissed my back, wrapped me in the warm hazy light of an april afternoon. For once, I felt tranquil. No worries bounding through my brain, nothing to pull my attention from this peacful moment. Even the black ink of my pen seemed lovely: graceful scrawl on white paper.

I remember watching my brother playing on the lawn with the dogs, my sister basking in the sunlight as I. I remember thinking as I looked over the expanse of garden, an overgrown jungle in the midst of our urban habitat, that this was the most perfect moment of my life. The only sound cutting through the light and cool chatter of the wind was the occasional tinkle of a far off wind chime.

It was a refreshing outlook on a chaotic week, month, year.

Thinking of that, I was suddenly flooded with dangerous thoughts. I thought of Sam, I thought of Charlie. I thought of booze, and sex, and drugs. Just these alone were enough to make me want to crush my head between a rock and a hard place.

I was a stupid, stupid girl.

- - -

Might elaborate more on this. We shall see, young padawans(I think that's how you spell it). I really enjoyed writing it, as I was basking in the sun, and my brother and sister were there with me. And yes, it was a very tranquil moment in a hectic week. I think it should be interesting to flesh this out a bit more and see where it goes. May have to do some research first, since I know practically nothing about booze or drugs. Boys, on the other hand... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."