"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, May 28, 2012

Prince Charming - Poetry Prose.

This is just me rambling but I think I love you.
Or at least,
I love how good of a picture you take
and those nice shiny trophies on your shelf
and the fact that you're everything anyone expects from
Prince Charming.
If I loop my arm around you, everything will be set.
If I loop my arm around you, it will be easy to forget
that boy who passed me notes in the hallyway
who smiled shyly and blushed when I smiled back
who wrote me a song all in C
but never had a chance to sing it.

3 comments:

  1. cool lyrical style... and tight narrative too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to do with all these boys JB? I feel a sort of well described ache here. Like that feeling you get when you are with someone but still feel like something is missing. As Olie said, it has a song feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."