"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sitting in The Dark, Blogging.

Seriously, that's what I'm doing right now at this very moment. Just so my miniscule group of creepers has something to read late at night. Thinking of that makes me feel small and insignificant. I guess feeling insignificant is sometimes a good thing: it's humbling in a way. Shame few other teenagers think like that. I think the world would be a better place if everyone was modest and kept their head down and shied away from compliment and power. But then I guess we'd be a weak species of animal if we were all like that.

Not saying that I shy away from things and keep my head down. Most certainly not. It's just a thought, my muse for the day.

Anyways, let's run through what's happening right now in the life of Deana! :)

School's finally over and done with, thank freakin god! Now is the time for me to relax and get away from people that for the last two months have been driving me nuts. Nothing ahead of me but a summer of work and play.

I sent two poems for The Isabel Miller Young Writer's award, but I won't find out if my writing has any merit till at least September. Why does it take so long? I'm an impatient person! This also means that writing should become more frequent again, so we'll see if I can live up to my promises this time.

Yay to being a good judge of character: my Boyfriend is awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."