"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Winter's Last Sunset.

Tomorrow I'll watch the sun rise
over pearlescent heaps of snow.
And I'll track its course,
through the ghostly wisps
of bellowing clouds.
My eyes will follow
those yellow tails and footprints
across azure sky
until I see it set
on a westerly horizon
and the faded grey
falls prey
to the gold-green
evenings of
a summer passed.

- - -

It's been a little while since I last posted. I promise, I'm not growing tired of blogger-- I've just been getting over a nasty cold. Last week I was too busy hacking, coughing, and sniffling to write anything. And FAR too tired to write anything good. But I'm feeling much better now, so I think I'll get back into the groove of things pretty quick.

Oh, Winter. Why won't you go?

It's been unbearably cold here the past few days. I'm longing to feel the warm sun on my face and shoulders again, and green beneath my toes. I miss the feeling of grass. It feels like spring is just around the corner; yet it's never been so far out of reach.

5 comments:

  1. Did two winters out there...so cold.

    I get your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. somehow nostalgic...
    summers just started here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely lovely! Seasons, skies, serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. You set up a scene so well.

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."