"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, December 7, 2009

Narcissism.

Lost in worthless
babble.
Can't halt the
noise that
cascades like
falling ribbons
of water.

Tired of listening
to pointless sorries.
Tired of concluding
that I'm the only one
who views
with unclouded
vision.

No tunnel sight
for me,
I grasp it all.

So sick of
being
knowing
seeing
The Narcissist.

_ _ _

Okay, not really sure if this peice even makes any sense, but I love the way it just completely emulates teenage society. Flawed and beautiful, but we choose not to see the flaws, think only of ourselves, keep talking even though there's nothing to say. And aren't we all like that? We've all got a bit of Narcissism in us, I think.

Grr. Thanks to Kendra, Brandi, Catherine, Jenna, and Michael. You've spurred my angry, evocative side.

Now you're gonna get the horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."