"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Sunday, March 14, 2010

In March You Haunt Me.

In the chill march air,
I'm haunted by dreams of you.
I see your face
behind every tree,
and beneath every stone.
Even though
the stagnant winter air
has warmed
and faded,
your imprint still chills my bones.

- - -

I think I discovered a neat trick to writing poetry. Listen to awesome heavy metal, and say the whole thing out loud.:)

I really like this one, though writing it made me want to cry. I guess I was just thinking about things that have happened in my life. Not really recent things that I try to force down, and like a jack in the box, they keep springing up. This piece is really about one individual that still remains apart of my life, and try as I might, I cannot deny the impact that this person has had on me.

Many are really quite negative, some are positive. Some I just don't understand. But whatever. Do you know someone like this?

And just a few comments on The Moon Thief. I loved the way it turned out, from the starting sentance to the closing one. Once again, I was listening to the band Cynic when I wrote it, and I dunno, I guess Metal just makes me think. I need to put more on my Ipod. I think I might add more as time goes on, but first I have to work out a few kinks in the storyline.

And BTW, new boyfriends rock. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."