"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pale.

Pale ivory,
like melting skin beneath my touch.
Pale blue,
like river water.
Can you be so
ceaselessly white?
Like broken porcelain.

- - -

This is quite short, I know. But I like it. SO THERE.

It's very late, I haven't studied at all for my social exam, and I'm writing poetry and texting my new (YAY) boyfriend. Where have my priorities gone? To my words and to my love, I suppose the right answer would be. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, or if I should be ashamed.

But why be ashamed, because I've put my need to be a raging, fluttering, dancing social butterfly ahead of my schooling, again? Or because it's been not even a week and I'm already in so deep. But I can't help it, I'm so in need of someone to share everything with and so in need of pizza (ahem)it's a little bit crazy.

Anyways, better at least take a crack at that studying. At least I have a spare in the morning, so I can also do some then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."