"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, October 15, 2010

Disregarding Friends.

Your disregard
is a thumbtack
through the toe,
a brick
crushing my skull.

My tongue is heavy
with lead,
so it pains me
to say
that I must
step towards
scary life
without you.

- - -

I suppose some friends are not forever. Any mature person would know this, but it doesn't silence the pain of absence.

I'm at a certain point in my life where in less than eight or so months, I'll have to step away from everything I've known for the last three years. Things are changing, rapidly. I don't know where exactly I'm going, and I don't think I necessarily need too. But I do feel as though I'm losing a handle on things I thought I understood, on people I thought I knew, on where my talents are and who I am as a whole.

Live and let go, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing permanent is change JB. Whatever the case, keep on bloggin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/thursday-poets-rally-week-31-october-21-27/
    I invite you to attend Thursday Poets Rally week 31
    let me know when you are ready.
    Thanks a lot.

    two awards for this week’s participation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. powerful imagery.
    love the simple yet compact poetry of yours.

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."