"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, October 18, 2010

Ego.

Your words
are a ululation
where 'joke'
and 'jab'
are interchangeable.
I imagine
you think yourself
smoke,
so swift
and ghostly grey
that you slip through
my nascent understanding
like pale
and dead cold fingers.

- - -

I credit inspiration for this poem to Jenna Butler, who is a poet based here in the Edmonton area. Only in my most wild and highly absurd dreams can I write like her.

5 comments:

  1. Your poetry scans nicely, I like the smoke imagery here, glad you decided to join Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic writing! And hey, another Canuck, eh? (I live on Vancouver Island). Welcome aboard. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice weave of imagery. Welcome to the Poets United.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome writing, JB. Like I told you before, you must keep this up!!

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."