"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, August 9, 2010

Boxed.

I feel boxed in. Angsty, anxious, annoyed, beaten down, hopeless, upset.

I'm already tired of my summer vacation. I want to go back to my routine, I want to stop dealing with extended family. I want to punch the keys on a piano, and pluck the strings on my guitar. Amazing, but true.

I miss home.

Earlier today, I looked at myself in the mirror, and I had to stop and look closer. I didn't really feel like myself today. I haven't been the zany, outgoing, slightly obnoxious teen that I usually am.

But who knows, maybe a goodnight's sleep will make me feel better.

1 comment:

  1. hope you well...
    reach our and get tickled by friends is a way to relax, you did an outstanding job by linking in to poetry potluck....

    http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/10/09/mountains-are-high/

    claim the awards after you are done,
    I encourage you to link in 3 poems, them more you share, the happier we are...
    Thanks for the treats.

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."