"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, August 13, 2010

Strangers Kissing.

I watched two strangers
stand in drenching rain,
but they looked so warm
as their lips fuzed
and their hands
twined together.

I miss the feeling.
But more I wish,
as rain spatters me
with lip marks,
that you would
kiss me
in the rain.

The two strangers
boarded the bus,
and I never saw them
again.

- - -

I really did see this happening today. It felt almost an intrusion to watch them, but they were way at the corner waiting for a bus and I just happened to be sitting on the couch looking out the window. Completely not my fault they had no sense of privacy! Anyways, my dad will probably shake his head when he reads this. :)

Other notes, I realize this is my second poem in about a week about some type of stranger. I like the anonymity of the idea. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to pronounce that word! Don't mock. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."