"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, August 20, 2010

Stolen Smiles.

I like to find
stolen smiles
and hang them
on my wall.
I find them
on porches
glazed with sun,
and between fingers
twined together,
and shoulders grazed
whilst passing by.

You find them too,
in a subtle glance,
a split-second spark
in the middle
of eyes.

- - -

I've been toying with the idea of a stolen smile for a little while now. I try to think to myself: "What could the phrase mean, where would you find one, how would you steal it?"

Anyways, I'm feeling particularily lackadaisical and not very sesquipedalian today, so I'm going for a nap. ;D

1 comment:

  1. ok, lackadaisical? sesquipedalian? i'm gonna have to go look those up. great poem, love the idea of a stolen smile (note to self: write that down for later idea's...). keep up the good writing!

    ReplyDelete

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."