"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Door To The Timeless Nether - Exerpt

It was just white. Endless white in all directions. No shadows, no objects, nothing for the eyes to focus on. It was just white.

“Holy hell.” He whispered, his mouth hanging open. He turned three hundred and sixty degrees and saw nothing.

Three doors suddenly appeared before him.

One was saccharine blue.

One was a deep shade of mottled green.

One was vivid red.

He looked at them with wide eyes, his heart pounding in his throat, his brain screeching at him to run. But run to where? There was nothing here but three doors, and never ending white. Rowan knew, somehow he knew, that he could only go forward.

- - -

So, in two months National Novel Writing Month will be up and buzzing in my face again. I realize last year, I didn't even make to the ten thousand word mark, thanks to my ever demanding social life. Not much of an excuse, I know.

Anyways, this is just a short exerpt from my attempt at it. I really fell in love with my characters and the very real potential the plot itself had. But alas:

"When Breanna and Rowan are shot from reality into a world where time, the laws of physics, and equality mean nothing, everything they have ever known is thrown into question. With only the theories and delusions of a mad scholar to guide them, and the help of a tiny and elegantly useless dragon named Macaroni, they must traverse the Nether and find the gateway back to their own plane of existance. The only problem is, time is never on anyones side, even in the Timeless Nether."

That was my synopsis. Not the greatest summary ever written for a story, but my first go at it.

I do intend to try NaNoWriMo again this year, and I've got a few ideas swimming around in my head for the whole thing. I encourage all writers/novelist wannabes to have a shot at it(or maybe you just like the idea of torturing yourself for no reason). 50,000 words in thirty days! Can you do it?

Link to the website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."