"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Between Dreams.

Standing Between Dreams,
Don't know how,
how you Put Up with me.
Don't know how,
how I got So Lucky.

When I'm in your arms,
it's like Standing Between Dreams.
Between the Ocean and
the Shoreline.
Between the Sky and
the Stars.

When I'm with you,
nobody else even Registers
in My Mind.

Don't know how,
how I can tell you,
Just how much
I love you.

You're Something else,
and you know,
you know I love You So.

* * *

This was originally the second poem in a three part set. They're all about the same subject, but the only real link in each of the pieces was the line 'Standing Between Dreams'. I was really interested in the concept behind that phrase at the time each poem was written. The phrase was actually derived from an album call 'In Between Dreams', by Jack Johnson, whom a friend of mine introduced me to. He's a great musicion. But in the end, the only work of the three I thought was worth sharing was this one, so it's now an individual work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."