"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The NewFound Land Journals, Entry 3.

I slept seventeen hours. I counted.

I didn't wake till around two o'clock, Newfie time, which actually isn't too bad. That's like eleven in the morning in Edmonton.

But that's beside the point. The point of this particular entry is that this place is so amazing. This is how much I love it: When I marry, I want it to happen right here, in Miller Town.

The air is so clean and moist. That was the first thing I noticed when I first stepped outside. I stood there for perhaps ten minutes, just breathing in the air. Yes, I'm aware of how stupid that is. The trees here are wild, and many of the roads are dirt and overgrown with shrubbery. The skyscrapers of this place are mountains (hills, compared to B.C) and thirty foot tall trees. I love it here, and I know that Mike would too.

I miss him so much already. And all throughout the day, he was the only thing I could think about. My hand kept flying back up to my neck, where the chain and ring he gave me for our three month landmark hangs. It's actually not until the twelfth, but he gave it to me early. I love it so much, I haven't taken it off since he gave it to me, nor do I plan to. I'll have to get him something while I'm here, something that he'll love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."