"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Friday, July 3, 2009

Children of the Gardens.

I swallow the Seeds
from Your Garden, and
I watch the Flowers Grow
inside My Belly.

And then
I will Rip open my Throat
and watch the Petals and
Roots and Stems and Leaves
grow into Likeness of You.

And I will cherish them,
even though my Own Garden
will Wither and the Beauty
that was once Abundant
will droop and then
Disapear.

But I will have
the beautiful Pixie-Flowers
that are like you.

* * *

I got inspired to write this at very close to four in the morning. But then again, what else is new? My writing just seems to come alive when I'm tired, maybe it's because my brain is over worked and everything I write comes out confused and muddled, but somehow it works and makes sense, and is almost brilliant. Anyways, this was really inspired by an absolutely phenomenal, brilliant writer that goes by the name of 'Ohsostarryeyed' on DeviantART.com. She must be quite close to my age, or perhaps a year or two older, but she litterally baffled me with her talent. She writes nearly everyday, and each piece is not just a poem, it's a masterpiece. Skill wise, vocabulary wise, and idea wise, she just flies over my head. That's something that's very hard to admit, because we writers have quite large egos. A link to her profile, so you can see yourself: http://ohsostarryeyed.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."