"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Saturday, July 11, 2009

The NewFound Land Journals, Entry 6.

I apologize for not writing yesterday. There was no point in writing when nothing interesting happened. Well, the pace is much slower here, so nothing ever really happens, but that's okay. It's probably the reason I love it so much.

It's quiet. The only thing you hear all day everyday is the wind brushing past the birch trees, and the water trickling through the brook situated right beside the house.You never hear a siren. You never hear a car, let alone see one. This is Millertown, population 100 old people.

In other news, I've been working my ass off. There's a big wedding somewhere in town next week, and we'll have approximately 16-19 guests starting on Wednesday. Nan wants the place in tip top shape, so I've been mopping and cleaning like mad. Next week, she and I will have to wax the floors. Fun.

I saw a squirrel today. I had gone outside on the back porch to shake out a mat when I saw him. He was munching on sunflower seeds from the birdfeeder, having scared all the grosbeaks and finches away. He stopped and stared. I stopped and stared. On impulse, I actually put the mat down and slowly made my way over to him, he just kept watching me. I got within two feed of him, before he finally got bored and scampered away. He was adorable, so I think I'll call him..Richard. If I see him again, I'll let you know.

So, other than that, nothing new or spectacular, but keep up with my blog anways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."