"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The NewFound Land Journals, Entry 4.

Today was another gorgeous day. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze, the sky was blue and the water was clearer than anything I've ever seen.

Sometimes, I forget that I'm actually here to help maintain the inn, and I just feel really blessed to wake up and look out the window and see the lake. But I did do some work today. I helped finish the sanding in one of the rooms that's being renovated right now, I swept and mopped, did some weeding, and helped make dinner for the guests.

I think the highlight of the day was when my grandmother took me quading. Large machinery makes me sqeamish, so I just rode on the back while she tore it up. Yeah, I know! A grandmother! Anyways, I got to see the area surrounding Miller Town, which I really enjoyed. A lot of it is just forest, miles of wild forest that you couldn't navigate. Ever. But there are a few little hidden spots, like a chocolate egg in your shoe on Easter. My favorite one was the little rock hill. When you scramble up there, you get a beautiful veiw of the lake, and you can see any of the houses or powerlines. It really does make you feel small.

So, till tommorrow.

Oh, and a big shout-out to Kristen, a really good friend of mine. You are so lucky that you get to see this all the time, and you are such a great person. I hope you never change, I hope you know that I feel truly blessed to have you as a friend.. I miss you so much. Mental Hugs!

Another day has come and gone without you, Michael. I miss you so much, can't wait to see you again. Love you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."