"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Monday, July 6, 2009

The NewFound Land Journals, Entry 2.

So, let me recap the incredibly long and tedious journey I had to endure to make to the Maritimes. 12:00 o'clock midnight, I said goodbye to my Mother, Stepfather, and Love of my life, and passed through the security at the airport alone. Several times, I just felt like sitting down and crying, or I wanted to start pounding my head against a wall and scream at the top of my lungs, "What am I doing, what am I doing, WHAT AM I DOING?!!" I guess the best way to explain this behaviour would be like this: I've already spent a majority of my summer away from Michael. And now I'm leaving again for THREE WEEKS. I feel so bad about leaving him all alone for the month of July, which I could have blissfully spent buried in his arms. But nonetheless, this chance will never come again, and I couldn't bare to miss it.

So, the plane took me all the way to Toronto. I watched the sun peek up over the clouds, and then I contemplated how peaceful and completely surreal the Earth was when it was masked with them, and the only thing you can see are the pastel colors of the sky as dawn wakes up the world. It's so beautiful, and it really does make you forget all your worries.

So the plane landed at exactly 6:26 am (I checked.), and I had to hang around the terminal until 10:00, which was when the plane going from Toronto to Deer Lake started boarding. I felt so lost and out of place, with so many people moving this way and that, and everyone in a rush. In the end, I sat myself down and just watched the people go by. I desperately wanted to sleep, but my Mother had forwarned me about the dangers involved and I was paranoid. So I watched the people go by. I watched them rush off to flights, look after little ones, argue, and pretty much destroy what it means to be fashionable, trendy, or even just aware of what you look like and how you're presenting yourself. Toronto, this is a message to you! You may host shows like 'Canada's Next Top Model,' but some of you really need to look in a mirror BEFORE you leave the house.

At 10:30, I was boarding for Deer Lake. I was much more relaxed this time (it helps to have a window seat), and almost as soon as I plopped into my seat, I was out. I slept the entire way there, I was so exhausted. I met up with my grandparents at the tiniest terminal I've ever seen and we got in the car and just started to drive. Miller Town is about a two and a half hour drive from Deer Lake.

I've never seen anywhere so beautiful, aside from British Columbia. Green, green, green. It all looks so untouched, so preserved. There are trees growing any which way they want, some as huge as the ones that line Flagstone in St.Albert. The wild shrubs and sunshine yellow flowers that line he road just make it all the better.

And the INN! My Grandparent's bed and breakfast, called Lakeveiw Inn, is a huge victorian style house. It hase ten bedrooms, four bathrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and the most beautiful deck that wraps the whole way around the house. And he rest of the property is just astounding as well. Everything is so well maintained, sooo beautiful.

I don't even do the place justice. But either way, I'm excited to see where this trip will take me, what I'll see and learn, the people I'll meet along the way. I'm actually excited to be away from everyone back at home, although I do miss Michael. I'm not kidding when I say I love him.

Stayed tuned!

P.S, A link to the website for the Inn: http://www.lakeviewinn.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."