"The desert bears only a scathing sun, and nothing more."
"What about mirages?"

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The NewFound Land Journals, Entry 5.

I made a hashbrown casserole today. Though I can't cook very many things without first burning it or turning it into mulch, this was simple and actually turned out really well. For those who don't know, a hashbrown casserole is essentially hashbrowns, onions, sour cream, creme of mushroom, cornflake crumbs, and cheese. I know that sounds gross, but it is SOO TASTY!

I didn't do much work today. I was mostly in the kitchen, cutting up onion, washing pots, boiling eggs, that sort of stuff. I also did a ton of cleaning today. Unloading the dishwasher, reloading it. Clearing after dinner, wiping everything down. My nan is right when she says, "The mess never ends."

But otherwise, I'm still loving it here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Write with our backs to the wind and our faces to the hard, bleaching sun."